This is what I got told by someone in a management consultant the other day.
It is quite a cynical view. But is it true?
- Know you need to do something in innovation but don’t know what.
2. Employ McKinsey/Bain/BCG to write you a deck for £250k for an open innovation hub/ digital lab/ innovation blueprint (delete as appropriate).
3. Feel great.
4. Realise you need ‘buy in’ from the rest of the business.
5. Realise that’s too hard. Shelve the deck.
6. Get another innovation job somewhere else.
7. Repeat cycle.
Would love to hear from any frustrated, open and curious innovation people out there. I am fascinated by how the world really works.